- 4 lb. engineer hammer with hickory handle.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is precision machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor’s tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15″ American-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of handle length is removed during assembly.
- Meets or exceeds ASME B107.54-2001
This product meets the GSA spec for NSN# 5120-00-203-4656.