Rods made of a unidirectional composite of basalt fibers offer significant advantages over steel rebar in a variety of applications.
• Higher specific strength than steel rebar
• 89% lighter in weight: one ton of basalt reinforcement rods provides the reinforcement of 9.6 tons of steel rebar
Resistant to corrosion and deterioration of natural elements
• Resistant to alkali and acid
• Same coefficient of thermal expansion as concrete
• No permanent deformation when bent
• Chemically inert, basalt rods are compatible with concretes having different Ph values
When used to reinforce concrete, basalt reinforcement rods are an advanced alternative to steel rebar.
• Hydraulic engineering
• Highway reinforcement
• Concrete building and facing slabs
• Concrete barriers
• Highlighting poles
• Other structural components and applications.
Basalt reinforcement rods are also an alternative building and construction solution in regions prone to earthquake and seismic hazards.
|Mass fraction of polymer binding